Since 2015, Laura Michael Wines has implemented a minimum of 100 sustainability and environmental stewardship practices to:
• Save energy and increase energy efficiency
• Conserve water and increase water use efficiency
• Reduce waste through recycling, composting and environmentally preferable purchasing
• Draw down Green House Gas emissions and the winery’s carbon footprint
• The entire facility is certified from production, to administration, to hospitality
Laura and Michael believe that stewardship of our land and facilities is integral to our commitment of environmentally sound business practices which contribute to the overall health of Napa Valley and our town of Calistoga. We are actively participating in the Napa Green Certified Winery program in order to enhance our winemaking and ultimately what makes it into the bottle. We really want to create and support a positive place for our employees and contractors to work by combining our efforts with those of our neighboring wineries and businesses.